Trees catch my attention no matter where I go.
I have a few favourite trees on my walks. Trees that have spoken to me and given me gifts of sticks for the medicine I make in the form of: medicine shields, dream catchers and wands, all of which are healing tools.
Today a tree caught my eye. I loved the way the bark of the tree spiraled up the trunk. The spiraling gives it is strength to withstand the elements of its life. When anything catches my eye, I take a picture so that I can share it. I capture the moment.
What I did notice in this tree this morning was a face at the bottom of it. The smiling face of the tree spirit. Then as I looked more, I began to notice the natural totem that appeared in this tree. Here is what I saw from the bottom moving up, a bat, smiling mans face, boar, snake and lastly a seahorse.
Totem poles were monument carvings in trees by indigenous groups. They were known to recount familiar legends, clan lineages, or notable events.
No tribe carved nature’s totem pole, it has just grown naturally in this tree and luckily for me, today I saw it.
As I look for the message and the meaning behind me noticing nature’s totem pole today, I will consider the symbols in their sequence from the totem pole, to each shape I saw. Here is the message from nature’s totem pole today:
- Today is an important day for you. Remember to treasure every day as a gift.
- Sometimes we need to rebirth ourselves, as we have taken on beliefs, attitudes and things that don’t serve us anymore.
- Enjoy every day and be happy.
- Be strong.
- Allow things in your life that don’t serve you, to pass through you, without affecting you.
- Integrate the wisdom within.
I hope you find this as powerful a message as I did today.